Data Scientist (12M, Limerick)
|Title||:||Data Scientist (12M, Limerick)|
|Sector||:||IT / Software|
|Tel||:||+353 21 4297422|
Role of this position
- Demonstrates data mining and machine learning expertise based on a foundation of statistical principles and applied experience.
- Ensures the application of appropriate methodology to resolve business problems and meet project objectives with a demonstrated understanding of the functional area.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to translate complex business problems into an actionable analytics framework, with the support of Advanced Analytics management.
- Exercises judgement in the selection of data mining methods to ensure results are accurate and reproducible.
- Works cross-functionally to understand source data and to identify and resolve data integrity issues.
- Is effective in the use of relevant computational tools for data exploration, preparation, and analysis.
- Produces concise, well-documented, and error-free computer programs and reporting content.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Performs statistical analyses of data (60%).
- Communicate analysis results to project teams (30%).
- Other duties as assigned (10%).
- Master's degree in a Statistics discipline (e.g. Analytics, Statistics, Data Science, Industrial Engineering or related field with sufficient concentration of coursework in statistics) is required.
- An excellent knowledge of data mining algorithms for both supervised and unsupervised learning is required (e.g. generalized linear mixed models, classification and regression trees, neural networks, support vector machines, k-means clustering, random forests, ensemble modeling).
- Expertise in at least one statistical programming language for data mining and/or machine learning is required (e.g. R, SAS, Python).
- Proficiency in SAS Enterprise Miner software is preferred.
- Familiarity with big data software such as Hadoop is preferred.
- Medical device and/or manufacturing industry experience is preferred.
- This person must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work on small to large projects in a team environment.
- This person must be a highly effective communicator and be able to work in a collaborative environment.
Please call Conor Twomey today for further information on 021 4297422 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the life sciences, ICT, engineering, food and agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.