Exciting new opportunity for a MANUFACTURING ENGINEER with a medical device manufacturing company in LIMERICK on an initial 12-month contract basis.
This role is responsible for the deployment of technical solutions and development of site capability to coordinate and leverage talent and best practices in engineering & technology. The engineer will be responsible for and involved in the design, installation and improvement of the production processes and equipment.
Role of this position
- The focus of this position is to provide engineering support within a high volume, fully automated manufacturing environment.
- Edits and publishes troubleshooting documentation and training materials for materials and equipment.
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving and brings innovative solutions to equipment.
- Works closely with other engineering disciplines in the development and application of troubleshooting methods to equipment and processes.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the departments' continuous improvement program.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the group.
- Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR's, CAPA's, Maps, etc.).
- Implementation of safety/environmental requirements on purchase and changes of all new and existing equipment.
- Work with team leader to develop and implement strategic engineering goals & objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
- Engineering degree in production, manufacturing, mechanical engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in the use of 'black belt' statistical techniques would be a distinct advantage, as would familiarity with equipment validation in an FDA environment.
- 3 years' + experience in a relevant engineering role.
- Be able to demonstrate good communication skills.
- The ability to apply a scientific approach to problem solving, blending analytical and experimental skills to maximise productivity and yields is an essential requirement.
A second opportunity for a SENIOR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER also exists with our client on an initial 12 month contract basis.
Please call Michelle Galvin today for further information on 091 373 938 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)