Product Development Engineer
|Title||:||Product Development Engineer|
|Sector||:||Manufacturing & Production
Engineering & Technical
Role of this position
- Carry out all Design and Development tasks necessary to bring a new product to market.
- Coordinate all development activities with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Finance, Installation and Marketing.
- Develop the testing required for prototypes, pilot production and final customer acceptance.
- Communicate and work with all members of the New Product Development team: bothEngineering and Marketing.
- Design of product using acceptable good engineering practices including thorough documentation and following procedures required by our quality department.
- Create and follow a schedule to evaluate and develop a new product.
- Design creative new solutions to problems presented by customers or the marketing department.
- Undertake investigative programs (teardowns) on customer product.
- Support design activity for key customers with calls and visits as necessary.
- Assist Applications Engineering in quoting activities.
- Undertake research to support the learning of new processes, products and technologies.
- Travel up to 40% to support product development, new releases, visit customers and suppliers.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in Mechanical or Design Engineering.
- Proficient with Solid Modeling software (Pro/E preferred) and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage all activities associated with the design and development of new products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences, ICT, Engineering, Food and Agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.