|Sector||:||Scientific & Laboratory|
Role of this position
- The Microbiologist is responsible for assessing the microbiological quality of products, manufacturing equipment, manufacturing process areas, and facility utilities.
- Reviews and updates SOPs.
- Performs peer review of data.
- Performs laboratory investigation reports
- Participates in training of other employees.
- Performs microbial identification procedures.
- Maintains laboratory supplies, media, and reagents inventory.
- Participates in the overtime and weekend schedule as required
- Performs bioburden and endotoxin testing of products and raw materials.
- Performs microbiological testing of in-process and final product materials.
- Performs biological and endotoxin indicator testing used in the validation of manufacturing equipment.
- Updates microbiological environmental monitoring results database and prepares monthly report.
- Performs acceptance testing of commercially prepared microbiological culture media.
- Assists in coordinating equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Uses Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for sample and sample test result tracking.
- Performs all duties relevant to the Quality Control Microbiology Technician position as required
- Involvement in the training of employees.
- Increasing responsibilities for reviewing documents and data.
- Microbiology representation and participation in cross functional site meetings.
- Administration of programs such as gowning, training, ordering, calibration, etc.
- Technical writing assignments such as SOPs, protocols, final reports, trend reports, risk assessments, laboratory investigations, etc.
- BS/BA in a scientific/technical discipline
- 1 - 2 years hands-on work experience in a regulated QC Microbiology laboratory within the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with electronic systems such as LIMS, Qumas, eDoc, Trackwise etc., is an advantage.
Please call Gillian Dunphy today for further information on 061-365969 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the life sciences, ICT, engineering, food and agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.