Exciting new opportunity for a Revenue and Accounts Receivable Accountant with an excellent company in Limerick on a permanent basis.
The Revenue and Accounts Receivable Accountant will be responsible for preparing financial information surrounding the revenue and accounts receivable department that is accurate, timely, meaningful and in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards ("IFRS"). In addition, the Revenue and Accounts Receivable Accountant must implement, document and maintain appropriate internal controls and accounting processes around the revenue and accounts receivable process.
Role of this position
- Primary responsibilities include Financial reporting and Accounts receivable.
- Research and assessment of appropriate IFRS accounting treatment for sales contracts to determine appropriate application of revenue recognition under IFRS 15, including reparation of accounting memos.
- Preparation of revenue and account receivable journal entries for customer contracts and the preparation of reconciliations for these accounts on a regular basis (monthly, quarterly and annual).
- Maintain and contribute to internal controls structure to ensure accurate financial reporting for the accounts receivable and revenue process.
- Regular interaction and communication with commercial, professional services and business teams to ensure timely processing of transaction and accuracy of financial records and ensure accuracy of financial reporting of revenue and accounts receivable in published Financial Statements.
- Support the preparation of revenue and AR related sections of the published Financial Statements and related documents.
- Support the annual audits and interim reviews by auditors of accounts receivable and revenue.
- Perform credit assessments and make recommendations on credit limits for new customer.
- Review and recommend revised credit limits for existing customers as required.
- Responsible for customer billing in line with contract milestones and collection management under agreed terms.
- Fully qualified with an Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) certification.
- 3+ years of PQE, preferably as a Revenue accountant in a software company operating internationally.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting theory and demonstrated ability to apply theory in practice.
- Self-motivated and proactive with creative problem-solving and analytical skills and comfortable working in a fast paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and a high-level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Expertise in Excel is an asset.
- Experience in implementing new accounting/ERP systems is a plus (not a requirement)
Please call Michelle Galvin today for further information on 091 373 938 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)