A Senior Design Engineer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Cork based Electronics client. Please contact Diarmuid Buckley on 00353 21 4355432 for more information.
Role of this position
- Design, develop and characterise next generation optoelectronic modules for use in systems for industrial, medical and consumer/utility applications worldwide.
- Develop prototypes, specifications, test methodologies and test equipment to evaluate new product designs.
- Take ownership of customer technical issues and co-ordinate the necessary internal resources required to resolve the issue and ensure they are acted on in a timely manner.
- Design, build, and test communication systems to demonstrate or measure performance parameters.
- Develop and set up customized lab equipment as required for testing designs and new assemblies.
- Troubleshoot designs, devices, processes, and system challenges as required.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team such as mechanical and IC design engineers to ensure designs meet requirements and timelines
- Minimum BE or BSc in Electronics or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of industry relevant experience, with a minimum of years two years of experience in product and/or process design and development.
- Knowledge of the Ethernet and Industrial Ethernet standard including the physical layer and software layers.
- Experienced in design and development of optical systems/optoelectronic assemblies and prior experience working with a range of detectors and light sources such as PDs, LEDs, laser diodes and related assemblies.
- Knowledge of high speed PCB layout and ability to perform layout and design in a known PCB/CAD package.
- Programming familiarity, C/C++, Python, LabVIEW etc.
- Strong product development experience
For further information please contact Diarmuid on 00353 21 4355432.CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)