Senior Manufacturing Engineer
|Title||:||Senior Manufacturing Engineer|
|Sector||:||Manufacturing & Production
Engineering & Technical
Executive / Management
Role of this position
* Lead a dedicated group of engineers and technicians within the Manufacturing Group.
* Ensure engineers are fully integrated within the overall production support team.
* Plan and implement training and development plans with subordinates.
* Coach and mentor team members.
* Set Engineering Goals and Objectives that deliver results in line with the Business plan.
* Identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems.
* Consistently meet customer requirements and commitment to excellence in performance and meeting deadlines.
* Champion compliance to systems and processes.
* Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean / 6 sigma methodologies.
* Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
* Oversee and manage New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping / NPI Group.
* Manages external relationships with key technology providers.
* Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
* Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
* Identify and implement short and long term cost reduction and improvement initiatives through the adoption of Lean Manufacturing.
* Oversee and drive Validation Activities.
* Engineering Degree, or equivalent, with 5-10 yrs experience in a high volume demanding production environment.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning and organizational skills, with ability to make decisions within a focused production / technical problem solving team.
* Knowledge of Medical Device manufacturing with experience of associated quality and automated manufacturing systems, particularly Laser Applications, Surface Treatment of Metals and CNC controlled equipment.
* Validation and DOE experience with operating knowledge of Minitab software
* A demonstrated ability and knowledge of six sigma and/or lean engineering principles with a proven track record in use and delivery of results.
* Driven to work on own initiative with results oriented attitude. Demonstrate a dynamic, motivated & flexible approach.
* Knowledge of ISO & FDA compliance