|Sector||:||Supply Chain, Logistics & Materials
Engineering & Technical
Role of this position
- Ensure product availability from manufacturing partners to meet the business need.
- Manage & partner with suppliers to develop business relationships that deliver effective operational control to agreed service levels.
- Manages and negotiates contractual terms as necessary with suppliers to assure long term stability of supply and cost effectiveness
- Plan, support and implement projects with suppliers and key internal partner organizations to drive effective supply, cost control and timeline compliance.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure stability of the supply chain, develop & implement risk management processes to ensure no risk of supply.
- Responsible for negotiating and establishing contractual terms for assigned partners to ensure business needs are met.
- Manage supplier pricing reviews and COGS reduction projects to drive reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Works with suppliers to reduce lead times and increase overall supply chain agility.
- Engage with Franchise team to support strategic projects including RFP/RFQ process for new and existing business programs with 3rd party suppliers.
- Ensure suppliers achieve 98.5% weekly product availability through ongoing management of the supply base, risk assessments, contracts, and periodic business reviews with suppliers.
- Engage & develop continuous supply chain improvement practices to support the continued focus on delivering improved value and service levels.
- Conducts supplier landscaping activities, develops selection criteria to support new supplier identification and evaluation to ensure selection of qualified sources for new product and manufacturing needs.
- Establishes supplier benchmarking processes & contributes to business reviews to drive and improve supplier performance.
- Engages with key cross-functional stakeholders [Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Finance, Franchise team, Regulatory, etc.] to ensure timely delivery of business projects.
- Participates and engages in Make Buy reviews & decisions.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years experience in a 3rd party supply chain management environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing & developing supplier relationships including contract negotiation.
- Management of annualized standard cost settings, pricing, & cost out programs.
- High understanding of Compliance requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), including validation requirements and Regulatory expectations.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems (FDA/ISO) within a regulated environment.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings/specifications/familiarity with contract terms and conditions, statements of work.
- Competent user of MS Office tools [Access, Excel, Project, Word, Powerpoint].
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Strong leadership, decision-making & problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP /ASCP system or similar database system and Business Objects software program
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences, ICT, Engineering, Food and Agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.