CareerWise are looking for a VAT Accountant on an initail 12 month contract to join a medical device company in Mayo.
The VAT Accountant will have responsibility for the following;
- Ensuring the accuracy of all VAT related returns & dealing with queries from tax authorities on a regular basis as well as representing the client at VAT audits.
- Provide VAT advice to the business and work with other departments on VAT issues that arise to provide solutions in line with fiscal compliance.
- Responsible for VAT training as applicable.
- Responsible for the preparation, filing, payment & review of VAT related returns for a number of entities.
- Liaises with the Global services VAT team & ensures correct mapping of VAT codes & correct coding of all postings.
- Involved in VAT aspects of all projects.
- Work with Internal and External Auditors.
- Preparation and submission of VAT, Intrastat & VIES returns.
- Ensure compliance with indirect tax and fiscal requirements.
- Other Ad hoc Duties
- Qualified Accountant - CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working within a medium sized international company
- Working knowledge of European VAT requirements.
- Experience in the preparation and submissions of European VAT returns, Intrastat and VIES returns.
Please call Mark Brandon today for further information on 091-339914 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)