The job search process can be a daunting and very stressful process. It’s often difficult to stay motivated especially in the current economic climate. Endless submissions of CV’s, with no replies. Countless job leads that become a dead ends. Weeks, months and sometimes even years without successfully landing a job. Yes, the experience of the job search can be quite challenging.
It is difficult to stay motivated and not let the hurdles thrown in your way beat you down. To help you stay motivated we have provided you with our top 20 inspirational quotes. Including our very own of Joe Robbins (Director, CareerWise) all time favourite quote;
“Never tell me the sky’s the limit, when there are footprints on the moon”
― Paul Brandt (Artist)
1. “Your battles inspired me – not the obvious material battles but those that were fought and won behind your forehead.” – James Joyce
2. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. –Steve Jobs
3. The common question that gets asked in business is, ‘why?’ That’s a good question, but an equally valid question is, ‘why not?’ -Jeffrey Bezos
4. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. –Wayne Gretzky
5. I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. –Michael Jordan
6. Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. –John Lennon
7. We become what we think about. –Earl Nightingale
8. If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten. –Tony Robbins
9. The mind is everything. What you think you become. –Buddha
10. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. –Chinese Proverb
11. Either you run the day, or the day runs you. –Jim Rohn
12. The best revenge is massive success. –Frank Sinatra
13. People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily. –Zig Ziglar
14. Inspiration exists, but it must find you working. –Pablo Picasso
15. Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, “What’s in it for me?” – Brian Tracy
16. Fall seven times and stand up eight. –Japanese Proverb
17. When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. –Helen Keller
18. I would rather die of passion than of boredom. –Vincent van Gogh
19. Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs. –Farrah Gray
20.“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.”–Winston Churchill
Joe Robbins is co-founder of CareerWise Recruitment. A graduate of the University of Limerick (Degree in Business Studies, 1985), Joe worked in the UK for five years where he specialised in materials management, production management and plant management for a number of companies.
He returned to Ireland in 1992 to become Operations Manager for a Cork-based start-up, FMC Automotive Division which was subsequently taken over by Snap-on Equipment. Joe managed the business re-location of this company to Shannon in 1997 before setting up CareerWise Recruitment in 1999.
He is a committee member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Mid-West region, and a former Director and Vice President of the Shannon Chamber of Commerce. Joe is former Chairperson of the Sixmilebridge Camogie Club and current Chairperson of the Clare County Camogie Board.
Upload your CV to apply for as many jobs as you like.upload your CV