5 Reasons Why Your Next Career Move Should Be To Galway
When you make the decision to relocate for work, this should be based on many different factors. You are not just choosing a new office location, but picking a new place to call home. Thinking through the options and weighing up your choices can be tricky, but taking the time to get it right will certainly be worthwhile.
Galway is a great location, home to many international companies, and is a top choice for many people choosing to relocate. We believe that it ticks many of the boxes and we know you’ll love the friendly, multi-cultural vibe. Here’s why you should consider applying for jobs in Galway:
Why Moving To Galway Is A Great Idea
- Career opportunities. Galway is a thriving hub of potential as home to many multinational companies, especially in the technology and pharmaceutical sectors. The Irish Independent newspaper recently nicknamed Galway the ‘city of the start-up tribes’, and this indicates
- Historical interest. If you’re looking for a home city with character, Galway could be the perfect place for you. A popular tourist destination, Galway boasts the impressive Spanish Arch and St Nicholas Church, as well as the traditional Latin Quarter, where you can still see portions of the medieval city walls.
- Local culture. It can be difficult to settle in to a new city when you move, but here in Galway, you can be sure of a wonderful welcome. You’ll love to discover the excellent street markets, which have been held on Church Lane for centuries, as well as the annual Food Festival, Festival of Literature, Arts Festival and Film Fleadh, and well as Galway Race Week. People from all over the world have made Galway their home, and the city draws from a diverse combination of languages and cultures – there really is something for everyone.
- Live music. Live music is traditional all over Ireland, but here in Galway, you are likely to find a fantastic range of street performance as well as great acts in the excellent Galway pubs and nightclubs. Look out for the traditional ceili, with music and dancing that is hard to beat anywhere in the world!
- Great food. Galway is famous for its seafood, and the locally caught fish feature on menus across the city. Try Oscar’s Bistro for Galway Bay oysters, and enjoy unbeatable fish and chips at McDonagh’s. When you’re settling in to the city, a food tour is the very best way to begin to feel at home, and you’ll soon find your own favourites.
Find Pharmaceutical Jobs: Recruitment Agencies In Galway
CareerWise is Ireland’s leading specialist recruitment firm, based in Cork, Shannon, Galway and Mayo and our professional team can help you to find the new position you are looking for. Contact us online now or call us on +353 (0) 21 206 1900 to arrange a consultation.
(Recruitment Consultant) B.Comm – Galway Office
Michelle is a graduate of the National University of Ireland, Galway and graduated in 2014 with a Bachelor of Commerce Degree specialising in Human Resource Management.
After graduating from NUIG, Michelle spent 3.5 years working in the Financial Services industry in Dublin and completed a Professional Diploma in Financial Advice in 2016.
Michelle joined CareerWise as a Recruitment Consultant in March 2018 and is based in our Galway office.
Since joining Careerwise, Michelle completed the NRF Programme in Recruitment Practice and is currently studying a Diploma in Human Resource Management in the Athlone Institute of Technology.