CareerWise Recruitment sponsor CIPD Midwest Breakfast Morning
CIPD MIDWEST INVITATION
From Kenneth Buchholtz (Chairman CIPD)
“Talent Management”, What Is It And Why Does It Matter?
Date: Wednesday 27th February @ 8.00am
Venue: Radisson Hotel, Ennis Road, Limerick.
Sponsored by CareerWise Recruitment
Dear Members/Friends CIPD Midwest,
I have great pleasure in welcoming members/friends of CIPD Midwest to our fifth event “Breakfast Meeting”.
Guest Speaker: Dr. David Collings, Professor HRM, DCU
Topic: “ Talent Management”, What is it and Why Does it Matter?
Dr. David Collings would like to invite you to gain an insight into the latest academic research and hear him unpack some of the key elements of effective talent management systems and consider the key challenges of managing top talent!
Dr. David Collings will discuss the following:
- What talent management means in different organisational contexts.
- What talent management means for traditional approaches to succession planning.
- How to think about which positions/roles contribute most significantly to organisation performances and workforce differentiation.
- Inclusive versus exclusive approaches to talent management.
- Consider pros and cons of making talent through internal development versus buying talent on the labour market.
- Some challenges of managing top talent will also be considered.
Many thanks to those of you who have attended our previous events, we hope you and many more continue to support the remainder of the programme in the coming months.
I look forward to seeing you all on Wednesday 27th February @ 8.00am. For catering purposes please confirm your attendance before close of business Monday 25th February by replying to this mail. For any specific queries please call Siobhan Ryan (Secretary CIPD Midwest) on 087 8247937 or email Siobhan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to inform as many of your colleagues about this event, all are welcome!!
careerwise recuitment, CIPD