Engineering Jobs: Why Ireland?
The Engineering industry in Ireland is in a great place right now, recruiting top talent from across the world. If you’re looking to further your career with a position in a growing sector in one of the most beautiful countries on the planet, be sure to consider your options carefully.
Ireland is home to many global manufacturers that demand a wide range of engineering jobs, particularly in the medical device sector. If you are a talented and motivated applicant seeking a position that will challenge you for all the right reasons, talk to us at CareerWise to see how we can help.
Things To Consider When Moving To Ireland For Work:
- Think about timings. When do you want to arrive in Ireland? If you are moving on a long-term basis, or returning home to extended family, you may have an ideal time or deadline in mind. It can be tricky to coordinate accommodation and employment, so ensure that you have long enough to put these in place before you have to move.
- Consider your location. Are you flexible about your location within Ireland? If you are open to different areas you will have a far greater choice when you are looking for the perfect role, so consider whether you could commute, either to work or to the area you want to live in, in order to get the best of both worlds.
- Do your research. Wherever you are relocating, you will need to research the job market and find out how you can make the best use of your skills and experience in this area. Researching local businesses and finding out how they approach recruitment may be a good place to start, since some will be interested in approaches from potential candidates at any time while other will always use a recruitment agency to fill vacant positions.
- Talk to a recruitment agency. Take advantage of the expertise of a recruitment agency while you are considering your options, as this will give you a clearer picture of the opportunities that may await you. In some cases, it is possible to conduct interviews and liaise with potential employers on your behalf before you even arrive in the country, which could simplify the recruitment process a great deal.
- Arrange your references. When you’re seeking references from former employees in a different country, it can be a complex process. Be open with your referees about your plans and ensure that full contact details are provided so that prospective employers can follow up with your referees prior to interviewing you if they wish to do so.
Are You Looking For Engineering Jobs in Cork, Limerick and Galway?
Here at CareerWise, we work hard to find the best candidates for positions within the Supply Chain industry. For roles including engineering jobs across cork, Galway or engineering jobs across limerick, call us at CareerWise on +353 (0) 21 206 1900 for a consultation, or contact us online today
(Director) MRGC, MRMC, MCIPD – Cork Office
Mike Morrissey has extensive knowledge of production, quality and engineering, having worked for Dell, Creative Labs and Tyco Safety Products /Sensormatic.
His expansive operational experience is grounded with training as a Six Sigma Black Belt.
As a lead auditor, he is very familiar with compliance and quality standards and has project managed the implementation of the environmental standard ISO14001. He has successfully utilised his project management and team leading skills in implementing numerous cost-saving and process improvement projects.
Since joining CareerWise Recruitment, Mike has graduated with a Diploma in Personnel Management from UCC and is a Chartered member of the CIPD.