We’ve become accustomed to the fact that tuning in to the news involves hearing about pay cuts, strikes and pay freezes across many industries and positions. However, the economy appears to be improving at last, and there are still roles out there in which pay is rising and prospects are looking good. Even better news is that we’ve been researching them for you!
There have been a few tough financial years for most people, and now that the worst appears to be behind us, those who are keen to seek out well paid new positions or get in line for a pay rise would do well to consider the following sectors in which the news is the most positive.
1. Construction. Experts have long been waxing lyrical about the shortage of skilled construction professionals, and it seems that those who have trained in these industries are now able to command their desired salary. Estimators, planners and design managers are all on the list of hot jobs right now, and the competition for skilled professionals is also causing a rise in demand and pay.
2. Manufacturing. The businesses that have kept their manufacturing divisions in the EU are now in a position to reward their employees for the years of keeping the businesses afloat by reducing hours and pay. The rises in pay in the manufacturing industry are ahead of the wider economy, and this sector is certainly looking promising.
3. IT. All industries involve IT to some extent, but the demand for those with technology skills is high. As financial projections improve and businesses are investing in new projects and expanding their services, the need for IT specialists in this area will continue to grow, and salaries are expected to rise accordingly.
4. Digital marketing. Digital marketing is a booming sector that looks to be here to stay, and the high demand for experts is coupled with a real skill shortage in this area. While the sector is growing so fast, those who are experienced are becoming more and more desirable, and thus commanding much more pay for their efforts.
5. Administrative staff. Administrative staff who know their stuff are highly valuable to their employers, and increases in salaries and benefits across this group are evident. Many in such positions are being offered flexible working hours, extra annual leave and subsidised training in attempts to hang on to them as their work is more highly valued than ever before.
When you’re looking for a job that will offer you better prospects, it’s worth exploring your options with a professional. CareerWise is one of Ireland’s leading Recruitment agencies and our friendly team are on hand to help you to find great positions in the Medical Device, Sciences/Pharma, Engineering and Supply Chain.
For positions across Cork, Limerick or Galway, call us at CareerWise on +353 (0) 21 206 1900 for a consultation, or contact us online today.
Joe Robbins is co-founder of CareerWise Recruitment. A graduate of the University of Limerick (Degree in Business Studies, 1985), Joe worked in the UK for five years where he specialised in materials management, production management and plant management for a number of companies.
He returned to Ireland in 1992 to become Operations Manager for a Cork-based start-up, FMC Automotive Division which was subsequently taken over by Snap-on Equipment. Joe managed the business re-location of this company to Shannon in 1997 before setting up CareerWise Recruitment in 1999.
He is a committee member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Mid-West region, and a former Director and Vice President of the Shannon Chamber of Commerce. Joe is former Chairperson of the Sixmilebridge Camogie Club and current Chairperson of the Clare County Camogie Board.
Upload your CV to apply for as many jobs as you like.upload your CV