CareerWise Recruiment sponsored a recent CIPD Midwest Ireland Event – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The event took place in the Radisson Hotel, Ennis Road, Limerick, on the 19th October. The guest speaker was Gareth Davies (Group Data Protection Officer, Kerry Group) and it was a very successful event.
Data protection is an EU fundamental right and all organisations that collect control or process data are required under law to make sure that the data they collect is obtained fairly, stored securely and retained for no longer than is necessary. Also for Individuals they are allowed to obtain information about the kinds of data organisations process about them.
What this event included:
• Information HR on the legislation
• What do HR Functions have to have in place by May 2018
• What data can be kept on HR files and for how long
• What would be best practice
• If inspections are carried out on this legislation – by who and what notification to expect
• The cost of being prosecuted under this legislation
• How the importance to have data protected in written or electronic.
Gareth Davies has specialised in Data Protection for over a decade and have worked within or consulted in industries including Telecommunications, Social Media, Transportation and Taste & Nutrition.
Gareth believes that continued and improved companywide compliance is a major objective achieved through regular reviews of policy and procedure and the training of staff. Such compliance includes, inter alia, Data Protection, Advertising compliance.
Upload your CV to apply for as many jobs as you like.upload your CV