How To Prove That You Are The Best Candidate At Interview
Proving you are the best person for the job is the ultimate aim of any interview you attend, but it isn’t always easy to do! You will likely be interviewing alongside other candidates with similar skillsets and experience, and you will need to think carefully about how you can make yourself stand out from the crowd.
Here at CareerWise, we work with our candidates to prepare them for interview, and this is a question which often arises. We believe that it is important to emphasise your soft skills and the unique potential you can bring to the company, and thinking about this beforehand can help you to prepare a really strong interview pitch.
Why Should An Interviewer Pick You?
What is it about you that makes you the best option for this company and this role? You need to think carefully about what you offer, and promote yourself in a way that leaves no room for doubt. Key areas to consider include:
- Coping skills. Coping with challenges is a vital aspect of most jobs, and you can take the opportunity to prove to your interviewer that you have what it takes to ride out a crisis and come out smiling. Show that you have coped with problems before and can take a positive attitude to challenges, and you will fill your interviewer with confidence in you.
- Passion for the job. If you genuinely care about the type of work you do and the company you work for, you will be streets ahead of any candidates who do not have this passion. You should aim to show your interviewer that you can offer a personal commitment and enthusiasm for the role that will make you a tough candidate to beat.
- Ability to adapt. Adaptability is a skill in itself, and if you can see what your interviewer is looking for and adapt your pitch to this, you’ll be ahead of the game. Show that you can provide what they need, whether this is a strong leader or a willing team member, and that you can change your approach to work in different ways when necessary.
- Team skills. If you will be working as part of a specific team, or within a new company in general, you should aim to demonstrate why you will be a good fit here. Find out as much as possible about the company culture in the organisation you are interviewing for, and show how you will be an asset to this.
- Relevant experience. Experience is often more important than qualifications at interview, so don’t focus on your grades as much as what you have done in the past that is relevant. Think about projects you have worked on and roles you have undertaken, and explore the way in which these link to your dream role.
Are You Looking For Recruitment Agencies In Limerick?
Here at CareerWise, we specialise in recruitment within the multinational sector in Ireland, with expertise in Engineering, Technology and Finance. We know what recruiters want, and we work with companies in all sectors to find the very best new talent for every position.
We’re Ireland’s leading specialist Technical and Executive Recruitment firm and we will be happy to help you find your perfect job in Cork, Shannon, Galway and Mayo. Contact us online, or call on +353 (0) 21 206 today.