How To Use A Job Rejection Positively
Being rejected for a position you really wanted can be disheartening and frustrating, but learning to use a rejection positively can turn it around and bring you closer to your goal of finding a great new job.
How To Make a Job Rejection Work For You:
- Get feedback. If the rejection you received does not include feedback, contact the company who you have been rejected by and ask for some. Ideally, you should speak to the person who interviewed you, and you can ask for specific feedback about how you could improve on your performance. This process may also be a great way to impress the company, who may then bear you in mind for future positions that become available, as you will show your commitment and determination to succeed.
- Be specific. A common reason for rejection is a lack of passion for a specific job. If your interviewer feels convinced that you want a job but uncertain as to why you want this particular job, they are more likely to appoint a candidate who can assure them that they are committed to the position. Use this opportunity to reconsider exactly what it is that you are looking for, and be sure to let your enthusiasm shine through next time.
- Consider the competition. However strong your application is, coming up against other candidates who have more experience or more relevant skills can equal a rejection. There is nothing you can do to change this, but it can be a good idea to consider how you can prove that you are the best person for the job during your next interview. Relate all answers to the role in question, and give examples that demonstrate the precise attributes that this job demands.
- Work with a recruitment agency. Working with a recruitment agency to find a new job can help you to gain insider knowledge about why you are receiving rejections and what you could do differently in order to succeed. Recruiters will be in communication with the companies they recruit for and will be a good intermediary to discuss your feedback and make positive change.
- Don’t give up. Working through the process of getting a new job can be extremely frustrating at times, but it’s important not to get bogged down in negativity. Remember that a rejection is not personal, and does not reflect a lack of talent or ability in you, but rather a highly competitive employment market within a difficult financial culture. If you are rejected for a position, try to see this as a stepping-stone towards a job that is much better suited to you, and move forward with a positive, direct attitude.
Work With Recruitment Agencies in Cork and Limerick
CareerWise is a top recruitment agency in Ireland, specializing in recruitment opportunities within the Medical Device, Sciences/Pharma and ICT industries. We can help you to find the perfect new job, and our friendly team will be on hand to talk you through the process, from application to successful appointment.
For a wide variety of available positions across Cork, Limerick and Galway, call us at CareerWise on +353 (0) 21 206 1900 for a consultation, or contact us online today.careerwise news, Interview tips