An Analytical Chemist is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Waterford based pharmaceutical client. This is a 12 month contract .In this role you will contribute to developing life changing drug products to help patients fight against disease and directly contribute to providing them with a better quality of life !!!
Role of this position
- Effective interaction with other departments on matters related to raw materials, intermediates and finished batch release and new product introduction. In particular, close contact maintained with groups, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Production, Engineering and Project Leaders and network stakeholders.
- Complete project tasks in line with requirement set out in product roadmaps.
- Maintain, update and issue chemical methods and SOP's in compliance to pharmacopoeial and regulatory requirements
- Training of the analysts in areas of expertise and knowledge and assist in document generation and updates within the Analytical laboratories.
- Analyse data and plan further experiments where required using statistical tools and applications
- Provide analytical and troubleshooting expertise and complete investigations within the required timeframes.
- Update the -Analytical Team Leader on potential problems and highlight improvements where possible by use of the normal communication means
- Ensure all documentation and records are completed
- Ensure Analytical laboratory meets current Good Laboratory Practice (cGLP) requirements
- Ensure relevant procedures are correctly defined and followed
- Design and perform troubleshooting and method optimisation tests when required
- Develop new analytical methods as part of the continuous improvement or updates implemented for the product.
- Generate and execute analytical transfer /validation protocols and write the reports as a result of the executed experiments
- Ensure that critical chemical testing and related equipment meets current validation requirements (IQ, OQ, PQ) where required
- Audit and review chemistry test results on a daily basis and ensure compliance with cGLP
- Checking/auditing laboratory notebooks and analytical reports
- A PhD in Science (Chemistry or Biochemistry preferred) or an MSc/BSc with relevant years' experience
- 2-3 years previous experience in a similar role
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience operating to cGMP standards utilizing laboratory equipment.
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Experience with analytical techniques such as HPLC, UPLC, CE, UV, SDS-PAGE
Please call Louise Mulligan today for further information on 0949003979 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)