Excellent Opportunity for an ASSISTANT VALUE STREAM MANAGER required by CareerWise Recruitment for our MAYO based client. Looking for an ambitious Operations individual that wants to progress their career within a Multinational environment.
The primary focus of this role is to provide day to day operational leadership to a Value Stream business unit, contributing to the delivery of the annual business plan within budget. This entails leading and coordinating Production activities and resources.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity with an attractive salary and benefits package on offer for the right candidate.
Role of this position
- Manages effective daily shop floor stand-up meetings / pulse walks to delegate priority tasks to provide clear ownership & direction.
- Liaise with SME Engineering and the VS Maintenance function thus ensuring that effective maintenance systems support schedule adherence. This responsibility includes escalation of unplanned interruptions and root causing of same.
- Work closely with QA to ensure the production of quality products and generally seeks methods to improve quality performance.
- Support production planning initiatives and requests for planned interruptions.
- Support, coach and mentor direct employees to ensure they are competent to implement HPS, run GB/BB projects, 5S and other tasks.
- Leadership of headline metrics including safety, quality, service and cost.
- Support Quality System Requirements, compliance, CAPAs and develop a culture of quality excellence.
- Customer focused, understands business finance & importance of the Value Stream key operational performance indicators including OEE /efficiency, effectiveness, and waste reduction.
- Contribute to Value Stream budgets development including headcount with subsequent accountability for all direct, indirect & overhead cost elements
- Primary degree in an Engineering, Manufacturing or Business discipline.
- Post graduate degree in Continuous Improvement, Operations, Business or Engineering discipline is desirable but not essential.
- c5+ years of functional leadership experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- c3 years Lean/Six Sigma experience.
- Previous experience of Class II medical device industry desirable.
- Experience with moderate to high automation desirable.
- An individual with strong technical acumen / background is highly desirable.
Please call Louise Mulligan today for further information on 094 9003979 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)