AUTOMATION ENGINEER, PLC / ALLEN BRADLEY / SCADA required by CareerWise Recuitment for our contact lens manufacturer in Limerick. Initial 12 month contract on offer, ust be available to be onsite as per required project support, but some remote working will be available.
The AUTOMATION ENGINEER, PLC / ALLEN BRADLEY / SCADA will develop, test, and install control system software changes with supporting documentation for validated manufacturing systems. Along with providing support to operations for automation related issues on the production lines.
Role of this position
- Develop machine control software involving servo pneumatic and data control.
- Participate among multi-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to required quality standards.
- Develop, debug and validate Control System software programs
- Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify automation software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize, plan and implement multiple tasks to tight schedules, to ensure work on time and within budget.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to detail own work clearly and accurately
- Strong communication skills and provide technical expertise.
- Monitor and analyse opportunities for the development of new or improved tools for process improvement activities.
- Attention to detail
- Provide training and mentoring to less experience staff.
- Bachelors in Automation Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field preferred.
- 5 to 6 years' experience working with automated control systems as part of a machine design team.
- Strong PLC background in Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000, Allen Bradley Guard Logix, APT, Siemens S7, Elau, Pilz Safety PLCs and Wonderware Intouch/ArchestrA, FactoryTalk View HMI software.
- Additional knowledge of Servo Motion Control, printer systems, vision systems, robotics, BCR, data analytics and RFID systems would be beneficial
- Accustomed to working in a validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control.
- Good organizational, planning and prioritisation skills; good oral and written communication skills.
Please call Conor Twomey today for further information on 087-0907204 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)