ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST, BIOCHEMISTRY required by CareerWise Recruitment for our BioTech client in Cork. This is contract role on a 2 Cycle shift; Week 1 (Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat & Sun), Week 2 (Wed & Thurs), 12 hour days (7am - 7pm).
The ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST, BIOCHEMISTRY will join the Biochemistry and Early Development Stability Sciences Team in the Analytical Development Department, you will join a team that conducts testing for approx. 40 active products from Discovery to late products going into development.
Role of this position
- Ensure that EHS standards are met at all times on site, adhering to appropriate PPE and COVID-19 measures and guidance
- Maintain Lab cleanliness standards to ensure Lab is always audit ready in line with Lab 6S Program
- Ensure Training is completed in a timely fashion. In time, assist in the training/mentoring of new Analysts
- Perform analytical testing for the Separations Team in BTDS AD Cork in line with the above-mentioned techniques including all peripheral activities (i.e. solution prep
- Perform data review, interpretation, and trending or Separations data
- Contribute to proper use, calibration, and maintenance of laboratory equipment where applicable.
- Keep up to date with existing and new SOP's and official documentation.
- Independently write/revise SOP's or other official documentation and reports, when required.
- Participate/Lead in Laboratory investigations as applicable
- Escalation of Laboratory issues to team lead in a timely fashion
- Perform other duties as designated by Team Lead
- Take an active role in Continuous Improvement, identify and drive improvement initiatives in line with Laboratory CI Team
- A BSc, MSc or PhD in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or a related scientific field.
- Customer focus and result driven.
- Analytical skills required to troubleshoot laboratory issues.
- Efficient and flexible.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work well within team structures and provide leadership as required.
Please call Conor Twomey today for further information on 087-0907204 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)