A Business Unit Manager is required by CareerWise Recruitment exclusively, for our Galway based client. Lead Lean initiatives to improve department environment and efficiency. Responsible for developing Value Stream strategy/metrics and implementation of related manufacturing strategies while providing Operational leadership including successful Lean implementation which will be resulting in productivity gains. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Lead the cultural transformation to a LeanSigma continuous improvement culture.
- Drive policy deployment for area including KPI charts, action plans and countermeasures. Coordinate operations and maintenance support for the Value Stream.
- Coordinate Value Stream efficiency and improvement activities utilizing Lean Manufacturing concepts to drive continuous improvement through Kaizen.
- Predict and redesign manufacturing systems to bring about dramatic improvements in performance while still complying with current and future regulations.
- Attract, retain, and encourage individual development of key personnel for future assignments by arranging appropriate formal training, mentoring, or other experiences.
- Develop and monitor operational budget for Value Stream; Lead and monitor projects to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Productivity and Cost.
- Ensures all employees within scope of assigned departments know the Quality Policy
- Tracks completion of CAPAs applicable to scope of assigned departments.
- Ensures adequate engineering resources are certified to complete CAPAs.
- Level 8 Degree in an applicable Engineering or Business discipline (or equivalent experience) with 7-10 years of progressive and extensive applicable work experience in manufacturing, quality, or development engineering of which 3 to 5 years were as a supervisor, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong people management skills are essential for this role.
- Experience guiding and implementing high velocity large scale change initiatives that produce greater level of innovation, quality, service, efficiency, and learning.
- Must be proficient and have experience with the following areas: capacity planning and development; budgeting for multiple profit centers; development of quality/productivity plans; new product process development; manufacturing flow analysis and implementation.
- Directed LeanSigma process improvements/implementations.
- Full and very detailed Spec available on request
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)