A Buyer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Cork based client. This is a 6 month contract role based in a fast paced manufacturing plant and will procure direct & indirect materials & services.
Role of this position
- Management of all aspects of supplier accounts under the buyers' remit, including RFQs & PO placement, any required expediting, dealing in a timely manner with any non-conformances & the organisation of inbound logistics by working with our logistics partners.
- Providing regular updates & supplier feedback to internal customers.
- Active participation in any Production Or scheduling meetings.
- Proactively dealing with supply based issues as they arise such as sourcing alternative suppliers OR alternative components.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a busy manufacturing environment of indirect & MRP based procurement.
- I.I.P.M.M. Or I.P.I.C.S qualified.
- Strong knowledge of MRP.
- Good with MS Excel.
- Pro-active communicator.