An Electrical Design Engineer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our client based in Galway. Reporting to the Lead Electrical Engineer and will have responsibility for the design and development of Electrical Solutions for products. This role will also involve driving improvements through design and innovation on products as part of a team both locally and internationally. The successful candidate will work on various productivity and customer driven product enhancement projects which need to be delivered in a timely manner. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Design and development of Electrical / Electronic solutions, delivering solutions that meet all project scope requirements, including Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Design for Service (DFS).
- Create detailed documentation of Electrical / Electronic components, including detailed specification drawings and Application Specification Documents.
- Co-ordination of any required regulatory testing of Electrical / Electronic solutions at external agencies, including HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Test), EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility) testing, as required per regulatory standards.
- Knowledge and ability to work within New Product Development (NPD) Process, with clear understanding of documented prerequisites and Milestone deliverables.
- Develop and manage supplier partnerships with current and prospective new suppliers, working closely with vendors to develop and deliver solutions.
- Development, implementation and coordination of component/module/system validation plans in R&D test facilities in conjunction with the Test and Reliability teams, using systematic methodology, such as DFMEA and performance modelling.
- Degree (L8) in an Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronics Engineering discipline
- Prior Experience of component qualification programs and new product development in an automotive/machinery environment is a distinct advantage.
- Ability to manage critical product cost and new product development projects with team members and partners spread across global locations.
- Competencies in some of the following would also be a distinct advantage: Electro-Mechanical design, FMEA, 6 Sigma.
- Capable of developing and executing test plans, interpreting test data, and developing and driving relevant corrective measures where necessary.
- Prior experience in automotive wire harness 3D Modelling and 2D drawing development a distinct advantage.
- Background in design and manufacturing in the industrial, or automotive industry desired. - Hybrid electric vehicle motor experience helpful.
- Previous experience in New Product Development (NPD) process, DFMEA, 6 Sigma, is desirable.
N.B. It is essential that you hold a valid working visa for Ireland
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)