Engineering Manager required by Careerwise Recruitment for our client based in Clare to be responsible for leading all engineering activities within the site.
The role will be inclusive NPI, Production, Continuous Improvement and supporting functions, across a range of sectors and will form an integral part of the site leadership team.
Role of this position
- Engineering Activities
- Equipment, tooling and related services. This will include supplier management and identification, selection of services and delivery on same.
- Ensure all production equipment, processes and work areas meet Health & Safety requirements through the completion of the required documentation. This will include energy efficient systems and facilities.
- Lead project management activities (e.g. project planning, tracking, risk management, reporting, communications etc.)
- Production Support & Continuous Improvement
- Lead and actively participate in cross-functional teams to achieve improvement in productivity, efficiency and quality as well as all projects and ensure that continuous improvement projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Use Lean methodologies to drive continuous improvement focused on Quality, Cost, Material flow and layout.
- Responsibility for management of all current & future productions processes within the business. This will include evaluation of new technologies and upgrades to current.
- Responsible for the departmental basics including budgeting, hiring, day-to-day management of team, direct reports and contractors
- Quality Systems
- Ensure compliance with all relevant quality system, policies & procedures and manage internal and external audits.
- Effective closure on QMS documents, inclusive the preparation and maintenance of manufacturing specifications and related documents.
- 3rd level production/engineering qualification and relevant experience in both manufacturing engineering and/or medical device development.
- Strong proven people management skills - a minimum of 5 years previous experience in a people management position leading within medical device manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation.
- Strong knowledge of medical device quality standards ISO13485/FDA practices and GMP.
- Lean manufacturing experience
Please call Joe Robbins today for further information on 061 364990 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)