Environmental Health and Safety Leader required by our client in Limerick
Role of this position
- To support line management, across all parts of the business, in the elimination of accidents at work, through the development and implementation of safety management systems, and the creation and embedding of a culture of health and safety awareness within the company
- To ensure compliance with the EPA and the requirements of our IPC license.
- The Environmental Health and Safety Leader will also work closely with line managers/HR in working towards agreed Environmental Health & Safety goals as well as ensuring compliance with statutory requirements for the HSE and EPA.
- Honors Degree (Level 8) in EHS Management Science or Engineering.
- 10 Years + experience in an EHS role in a manufacturing company with preferably 5 years in an EHS Site Lead position.
- A "hands-on" leader with experience of working as part of a small EHS team (In this case they will be the sole EHS resource on site).
- Experience with reporting to and interacting with EPA
- Chemical processing experience preferable.
- Full understanding of health and safety legislation as application in Republic of Ireland.
- Experience of implementing and sustaining ISO 45001 & ISO 14001
- Established relationships with statutory bodies including the environmental protection agency (EPA)
- Experience with REACH and ROHS Compliance and reporting
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including proven ability to work with employees at all levels
- Competence to assess projects on health and safety grounds at design phase.
- Competence to develop and implement safety management and training programmes.
- Analytical skills to interpret data and make effective recommendations.
- Experience of implementation of safety and health awareness programmes
Please call Joe Robbins today for further information on 061-364490 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)