Careerwise Recruitment is currently seeking a Financial Accountant for our Galway based client, This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organisation that promote Innovation and ambition.
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close for a number of departments.
- Prepare payroll and reconcile on a monthly basis for European employees.
- Prepare VAT returns and intrastate returns for European entities.
- Liaise with European Accounting firms on tax issues and statutory reporting.
- Advise and assist European Regional Director in any finance related issues or needs.
- Sales Reporting and Analysis.
- Ability to prepare and analyse data and create reports for management.
- Ensures accurate and timely compilation of accounting information, analysis and reporting.
- Provide support for internal and external audits.
- Proposal and development of continuous improvements using lean tools to existing processes and procedures where appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and provide input for KPIs.
- Responsible for ensuring accounting files and archives are maintained.
- Assist in special financial analysis reporting and projects, as required.
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 3 years relevant PQE.
- A broad knowledge of accounting and financial control principles and their business applications.
- Excellent computer and analytical skills, including Excel reporting skills and ability to analyse a high volume of data.
- Previous experience of working in a Finance Shared Service environment is advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle financials highly desirable but not essential.