Head of Internal Audit is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Cork based client.
CareerWise Recruitment is working exclusively in partnership with an Irish SME in hiring a new Head of Internal Audit. Key Senior Management Position within the organisation & liaison with key stakeholders and external Board Committee.
The current incumbent will be moving is relocating outside Ireland. There will be ample support and hand over for the new hire. There is huge scope for development within the role & career development within the organisation - you will have direct access to the CEO.
Role of this position
- Prepare and implement a rolling multi-annual risk based Group Internal Audit Plan, following consultation with the CEO and the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Ensure the Audit Plan is prepared based on thorough risk assessments and consideration of other available sources of assurance.
- Lead and develop a lean and fit for purpose Internal Audit team of motivated audit professionals & co-ordinating their ongoing training and development.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including, senior management, the Audit and Risk Committee, and the Board.
- Assist management in designing and implementing internal control systems for new services, products, systems and processes; particularly during the development stage of these products and services, etc.
- Conduct investigations and special projects as requested by the Chief Executive Officer or the Board Audit and Risk Committee.
- Preferably hold a recognised accounting/auditing qualification;
- Have a minimum of 10 years relevant audit experience at a managerial level in either a practicing office or in a significant commercial environment;
- Thorough knowledge of complex accounting and information systems and related internal control systems and an excellent knowledge of modern techniques such as data analytics
- Have strong managerial and influencing skills.
- Ability to manage relationships with key stakeholders including, senior management, Audit and Risk Committee and other Board members.
- Familiar with cash management and security procedures, and audit inspection techniques
- Interviews to be scheduled the end of May 2019
Please call Carmel Holmes today for further information on 021-2019459 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)