Manufacturing Opeartions Manager is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Limerick based client.
Responsible for day-to-day management of a manufacturing unit, organised around a specific process or product family, key activities include: achieving output, quality and service targets within agreed cost parameters, Maintaining positive employee relations climate, Identifying and introducing new technologies and process improvements, Manufacturing Engineering, Planning and People Management functions.
Role of this position
- Day-to-day effective management of production, ensuring products are produced in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Establish performance targets for the Business Unit, and monitor actual Business Unit performance against targets, taking appropriate and timely corrective action where negative trends begin to emerge.
- Promote & Engage lean manufacture & Visual Management concepts within the business and continuously improve the performance of the business unit.
- Ensure awareness and achievement of all regulatory and compliance requirements (FDA, ISO, EH&S, etc.)
- Provide leadership direction to team on problem solving and process improvements, address obstacles, provide resources and interact with other areas of the company to assist team in overcoming problems and streamlining the work process.
- At least 5 years manufacturing experience, preferably at production management level, within a team-based manufacturing environment (Medical Device background desirable but not essential).
- Degree in Mechanical/Production Engineering or equivalent essential.
- PC literate and strong knowledge of inventory systems, MRP and measurement tools essential.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are required.
- Individual must be challenged by a team-based environment, which places high degree of emphasis on accountability for service levels, inventory management, standard cost and expense control and quality/GMP compliance.
Please call Mike Morrissey today for further information on 021-429 7536 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)