Materials Manager (Permanent) is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Cork based client. The successful candiadte will be responsible for managing a team of experienced planner buyers.
Role of this position
- Manage, develop and position the planning and procurement management functions at the Irish manufacturing facility so that it effectively supports local and international manufacturing and the global supply chain.
- Establish the site Production Plan, Inventory Policies and Safety Stock Levels in line with approved budget.
- Manage the Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) function.
- Manage and develop cost effective, high quality material suppliers and subcontractors that comply with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Develop the Manufacturing and Management Information System (MIS) at the facility in line with the requirements of an expanding organization.
- Support the lean manufacturing initiatives at the Irish facility, especially in regard to achieving and maintaining optimum manufacturing cycle times and reduced costs.
- Support the calculation of product manufacturing costs and create associated costing reports.
- Achieve Budgetary Targets with respect to expenses, capital, inventory, customer service levels and maintain cost reduction.
- 3rd Level Qualification in Supply Chain or business
- 4 - 5 years in a similar position (People Manager)
- The ability to work on your own or as part of a team, as well as demonstrating initiative
- Excellent communication, written and verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Works with a sense of urgency and attention to detail at all times.
- Strong organizational skills from both administrative and hands on standpoints.
- Ideally, having APICS/IIPMM as well as relevant people management qualifications would be advantageous.
- Excellent knowledge and computer skills in MS Access, Excel, & Word.
Please call Mike Morrissey today for further information on 021-429 7536 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)