Materials Engineer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Cork based client.
You will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as our client has a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Role of this position
- Contribute and input into Engineering functional strategy
- Plans and conducts engineering research design
- Lead capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation, and validation.
- Technical leadership of Staff engineers, senior engineers, Engineers, Coop Students, Technicians, and operators as required.
- Will analyse equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental test and result analysis. May lead or act as independent reviewer in process review meetings.
- Determines the technical objectives of engineering assignments and makes decisions regarding the direction and the results of the assignment.
- Degree or Masters in relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Production etc.) or technical experience equivalency.
- Minimum of 6 years' manufacturing experience
- Recognised Lean qualification, ideally a black belt
- Good general knowledge of coating technologies, e.g., Plasma spray, thermal coatings, PVD/CVD coatings, HA, etc.
- Good knowledge of available test methods for coatings: thickness, adhesion, abrasion, material characterisation, surface characterisation, etc.
Please call Mike Morrissey today for further information on 021-429 7536 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)