Mechanical Lead Supervisor
|Title||:||Mechanical Lead Supervisor|
|Sector||:||Engineering & Technical|
|Tel||:||+353 21 4297422|
Role of this position
- Ensure that all assigned personnel, contractors supervision and manpower are instructed in and comply with all aspects of Janssen EHS policy, site security, site regulations, permit to work procedures and instructions
- Ensure that assigned contractors adhere strictly to the latest approved for construction project drawings, specifications, procedures and site instructions
- Responsible for the quality of the work within assigned areas and for ensuring the CMT manage the mechanical contractors in accordance with the project schedule
- Ensure by leadership and guidance, that contracted works under his/her control meets all practical, commercial, requirements of productivity, quality and contract target completions
- In conjunction with the HSE Manager, ensure CMT manage the contractors are adhering to the HSE plan, safety instructions, site regulations and the permit to work procedures. Ensure that there are adequate contractor site supervision levels to maintain proper levels of safety
- Maintain daily supervisory surveillance checks and records, ensuring that contractors management and supervision are providing safe working conditions and permitting procedures, all required competent personnel, protective equipment, adequate supervision and manpower, with reliable, well maintained equipment to execute the contracted works as per contract schedule and targets
- Review the availability of all drawings, specifications, job instructions, material deliveries and tools applicable to his area of work. Together with the contractor's team, develop detailed daily and weekly work plans in accordance with the overall planning schedule. Advise the CM on specific areas where the programme needs to be adjusted in accordance with site conditions and material deliveries
- Continually review material and equipment deliveries and report discrepancies and/or shortages to the Material Controller
- Routinely overview the construction contractor's scope within his area as detailed in drawings, specifications and instructions, ensuring contractors proper interpretation and compliance with latest revision IFC issues.
- Work with CMT to ensure streamlined approach to system handovers
- Agree method statements, risk assessments and Safe Plans of Actions. Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the agreed method statements and procedures
- Preferably degree qualified with a minimum of 10 years mechanical construction experience on large greenfield/brownfield Biopharmaceutical projects
- Be competent in structuring and setting out the relevant Mechanical discipline control documents and forms
- Read and interpret construction drawings (GA's, ISO's, P&ID's etc.)
- Interpret and understand codes and specifications
- Be computer literate in most common office applications (Spreadsheets, Word Processing, Microsoft Project)
- Be a HSE "Leader" and "Believer"
- Ability to keep work pace and meet deadlines. Good organizing and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with contractor supervision and personnel
- Proven success working well in a team environment with flexibility to react to changing business needs.
- Strong leadership and communication skills. Problem solver with a focus on achievement of overall project goals.
Please call Conor Twomey today for further information on 021-4297422 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the life sciences, ICT, engineering, food and agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.