A Medical Science Liaison - Oncology (Lung and Immuno-Oncology) is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our West Dublin based multinational pharmaceutical client. This position offers significant opportunity with a leading World Class Pharmaceutical MNC.
Role of this position
- Support the Field Force in its relationship with medical target groups through a continuous updating on therapeutic aspects related to the relevant pathology and/or products.
- Provide medical input to Competitive Intelligence Department, including critical review of competitor data/scientific material.
- Develop and maintain contacts with Key External Experts of the assigned territory, and represent the main contact for any scientific/medical aspect.
- Identify local medical needs and define a Local Scientific Plan (LSP), according to the Irish and HQ strategies and policies, to be integrated into the local business plan.
- Provide input and support in sites selection and feasibility assessment for national/international trials, and in the management of potential issues related to the implementation and conduct of international/national trials.
- Collect and discuss with Investigators the proposal for independent studies (ESR Externally Sponsored Research) in the assigned territory and, according to SOP, fill in the relevant forms for the company's evaluation and discussion.
- Build partnership with the Area/Field Manager to implement the LSP through regular contacts and team meetings: relationships/scientific projects with regional Health Authorities and management of scientific issues related to the introduction of Company's drugs into local formularies, respectively
- Develop and maintain contacts with Scientific Societies/Communities.
- Support the market access team by providing scientific input into the scoping & horizon scanning meetings, rapid reviews & health technology assessment (clinical section).
- Scientific Degree - Desirable: Medical Degree, Qualified Doctor or PhD
- Strong knowledge and expertise in the Oncology (Lung and Immuno-Oncology)
- Fundamental knowledge of basic research, drug discovery, drug development, clinical environment - Desirable: Experience related to the oncology TA within the pharmaceutical industry, preferably as high performing MSL or high performing experience within Medical Affairs
- Knowledge of the local regulatory requirements related to medical affairs activities
- Desirable: Experience in product launch preparation and execution or Experience in clinical trials
Please call Michael Hanrahan today for further information on 021-2019817 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)