A Microbiologist is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Carlow based pharmaceutical client. This is a 12-month contracting position.
Role of this position
- Development and execution of Microbiology test methods, Method Validation and Method Qualification, mainly bioburden, endotoxin and Sterility test methods.
- Troubleshooting of issues which arise during the execution of validation studies and routine tests.
- Development of training modules.
- Microbiology Support to Site Investigations
- Driving Continuous Improvement initiatives, including lean lab initiatives, method optimization/redevelopment.
- Authoring and managing change controls, procedures, test methods and deviations.
- Result authorization for microbiological samples to support batch release.
- LIMS System updates Assessing compendial and quality manual updates pertaining to the Microbiology Lab &
- Supporting lab stock management and financial control as required.
- Supporting the environmental control program by trend analysis and implementation of appropriate corrective and preventative measures.
- Understands and applies regulatory / compliance and compendial requirements to their role together with remaining current on upcoming regulatory and compliance changes.
- Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to non-standard requests.
Makes decisions within guidelines and policies which impact microbiology projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher preferred; ideally in Microbiology or a closely related
- Demonstrated change management skills (CEM) with continuous improvement.
- Strong knowledge in execution, validation and development of microbiology related test
methods i.e. Bioburden, Endotoxin and Sterility testing.
- At least 3-5 years' experience in the Microbiology Pharmaceutical industry or a similar
Please call Louise Mulligan today for further information on 0949003979 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)