NPI SOURCING MANAGER required by CareerWise Recruitment for our multinational contact lens and Ophthalmic surgical products client in Limerick, initial 12 month contract on offer with 3 days onsite and 2 days working remotely.
The NPI SOURCING MANAGER will have at least 5 years experience working in a Procurement / Sourcing management position with a proven track record of stakeholder management, APICS qualification desirable.
Role of this position
- The key responsibilities are focused on Quality & Risk management, Cost, Supplier Service & Reliability with a particular focus on NPI supply chain development and management.
- The role will be accountable for Supplier Management for a defined scope of spend responsibility Main areas of responsibility
- Perform the role of Supplier Relationship Manager at an executive level for designated suppliers
- Partner with category management and Advance Sourcing (New Product Introduction) to ensure alignment and meet procurement goals across Quality, Service and Cost.
- Be an excellent business partner to a number of functions across the business, in particular supplier quality, manufacturing and planning teams both internally and in our Third-Party Manufacturers
- Develop the Sourcing Strategic direction for assigned categories of spend and work with fellow team members to ensure alignment and execution to that strategic direction.
- Partner with Supplier Quality to ensure alignment on supplier management and escalation processes.
- Upgrade supplier skills (transparent cost management, lean practices, emerging technologies, etc.)
- Analyze overall system capabilities and develop and execute improvements in support of the end to end supply chain, to achieve lowest total cost of ownership.
- Provide regular reporting on Supplier Performance, and lead activities to achieve goals.
- Manage a small team of Associates to support sourcing objectives and contribute to their continuous development.
- Assist in reporting on performance, recommending advancements, implementing new or changed procedures.
- BS Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Operations Management or related field.
- MBA or Masters preferred.
- CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) a bonus.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a procurement role managing Strategic Supplier Relationships preferred.
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
Please call Conor Twomey today for further information on 087-0907204 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)