Packaging Design Engineer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Cork based client.
This role provides an opportunity to work in one of the leading manufacturing companies in Cork. This role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract position.
Role of this position
- Development improvements to medical device product packaging.
- Liaise with marketing for the development and specification of new concepts and/or improvements for medical device product packaging.
- Evaluate and optimize packaging concepts for mechanical function and manufacturability. Develop designs and create prototypes from customer concepts and/or specs to test and validate ideas.
- Determine and implement design approaches and parameters and conduct feasibility studies on new designs. Will analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests and evaluate the results. Lead and/or participate in design review meetings.
- Lead and contribute significantly in efforts to identify, determine product packaging requirements, generate production drawings for parts and assemblies and develop and manage full product packaging design documentation
- Lead packaging portions of projects for design to manufacturing and sterilization.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Materials Science
- Master's degree or PhD in an engineering field is desirable.
- Minimum of 4 years experience
- Must be able to generate, follow and explain detailed proposals and operating procedures with an in depth understanding of ISO 13485 and FDA quality system requirements Knowledge of packaging standards highly desirable PC Literate (word processing, spreadsheets, data base) and strong knowledge of project Management tools is essential.
Please call Mike Morrissey today for further information on 021-429 7536 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)