A Principal Statistician is required by CareerWise Recruitment for a Longford based company. The Principal Statistician will manage the Programme Statistical and Specification Setting Team while ensuring that the plant meets the quality requirements of its customers with respect to statistical calculations, Division & Corporate Policies and other external standards.
Role of this position
- You will provide statistical support and direction to cross functional teams (at global and site level) in compliance with all regulations and quality system requirements.
- You will provide direction and support to ensure a valid statistical basis exists for sampling plans, design verification studies, and investigations, as required (at global and site level)
- You will approve experimental studies protocols, reports and assessments as required, from a quality system documentation perspective (at global and site level).
- You will explain and defend experimental data using statistical rationale at meetings and on conference calls with personnel from other sites, as required.
- You will provide training on statistical techniques and the use of statistical software.
- You will be compliant to the relevant EHS Global & Technical Standards.
- You will manage the team, self ETMS Learning TO DO LIST and self KRONOS attendance system
- You will conduct business in a manner that will protect human health, safety and the environment by complying with all applicable EHS laws, as well as Global and Technical standards.
- In summary this position impacts on all aspects of the plant operation. Therefore, you will be responsible for all statistical activities with cross functional teams such that the plant continues to meet the required regulations.
- Qualification in Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computing or relevant work experience.
- Good mathematical knowledge and experience of using approved computer statistical software packages.
- Highly numerate with the ability to interpret large volumes of data and associated trends.
- Good organisational skills, and the ability to meet project deadlines in a flexible and multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Team Lead/Management Experience would be an advantage but not essential.
Please contact Michelle Galvin today for further information on 091 373938 / firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)