PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT / BUYER, CAPITAL required by CareerWise Recruitment for our BioTechnology client to support a new project in Limerick, the requirement is for 24-36 months.
The PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT / BUYER, CAPITAL purchases and assists in the expediting of Capital Equipment and services. This involves the sourcing, identification of supplies, agreeing prices/terms, negotiation of delivery dates/schedules and communication with vendors as well as liaison with on site business areas.
Role of this position
- Assisting the Capital Procurement team to implement procurement plans supporting the Project Procurement Plan and Global Capital Facility Project plans
- Analysing quotations and preparing commercial bid analysis with vendor recommendation to site business partners
- Negotiating and achieving cost reductions and savings with suppliers/contractors for Capital Equipment and services
- Executing PO transactions in SAP & Ariba
- Expediting of Purchase Orders and regular status reporting
- Applying the Vendor Management process for setting up vendors on SAP & Ariba
- Capital PO Management on SAP
- Maintaining filing system for Purchase Orders and Vendor Data
- Backup responsibilities in similar Procurement roles as required by business.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to quickly build relationships with relevant parties.
- Flexibility and the ability to handle multiple requests from across several areas.
- High level of IT skills (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Previous SAP / Ariba experience an advantage
- Previous experience working on large Capital projects an advantage
- Strong sense of customer focus and teamwork.
- Self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative under minimal supervision.
Please call Conor Twomey today for further information on 087-0907204 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)