A Procurement Specialist is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Shannon based client.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager the role is responsible for the development and delivery of an expert end-to-end procurement service to the company's business units.
Role of this position
Work closely with the finance teams to ensure that all financial statutory requirements are being reflected in supplier selection (e.g tax clearance certs, withholding tex capture etc)
Review the existing contract lists on an ongoing basis
Manage the sourcing process, including specification generation, tendering and negotiation strategies, tender preparation and evaluation, supplier selection and contracting and develop key supplier relationships
- Manage the supply chain from project inception to contract placement
- Deliver value for money through the sourcing process while maintaining compliance and improved customer service
- Ensure compliance with EU, National and internal procurement policies and procedures
- Work with the Group Procurement Manager to continue to improve the procurement function and to standardise documentation through development and refinement of procurement processes, service levels, policies and procedures
- Lead contract negotiations to ensure the integrity of the tendering and procurement processes for supply and service contracts and to foster best supplier relationships
- Manage the sourcing process, including specification generation, tendering and negotiation strategies, tender preparation and evaluation, supplier selection and contracting and develop key supplier relationships
- Have attained a CIPS qualification (or equivalent) or have experience in Public Procurement
- Admin/Accounts experience an advantage.
- Process-oriented with analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills. Expereince in either SAP or Oracle financial systems will be an advantage
Please call Gillian Dunphy today for further information on 061-365969 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)