Procurement Specialist is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Cork based client.
This role will manage the procurement process, including leading sourcing events, negotiations and supplier management. This position will work in close collaboration with relevant site stakeholders.
Role of this position
- Obtain approval at EMEA/Global level for sourcing decisions being recommended under area/s of responsibility.
- Work closely with internal customers during tendering, negotiations, contracting and vendor management processes.
- Optimise supplier base to deliver improved quality and cost of service.
- Develop plans for key local suppliers with application of appropriate sourcing strategy for spend category.
- Negotiate contracts with new and existing vendors, ensuring contract terms achieve benefit to the organisation and govern the long-term relationship with the supplier. Obtain internal concurrence.
- Ensure legal review approval is obtained in advance of any contract commitment.
- Degree qualification in an engineering, science, business, or supply chain discipline.
- Minimum 5 yrs industry experience in a strategic sourcing or procurement function.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
Please call Mike Morrissey today for further information on 021-429 7536 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)