|Sector||:||Supply Chain, Logistics & Materials
Manufacturing & Production
Engineering & Technical
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of production activities. Previous experience of leading and managing teams in a manufacturing environment is essential.
Role of this position
* Provide expert supervisory support to manufacturing operations, through coaching, developing and leading teams to support fulfillment of colleague potential both individually and collectively.
* Manage the work performance of all employees assigned to your team.
* Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and implementing systems, policies and procedures including scheduling of overtime, holidays and weekly Time & Attendance for payroll processing.
* Ensures compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health and Safety Legislation and adherence to site Safety procedures and requirements
* Completes root cause investigation and follow up in relation to EHS incidents and implementation of Corrective and Preventative actions.
* Maintain housekeeping standards to 5S principles within the department.
* Partner with the Quality department to ensure compliance with Quality Standards
* Must be able to demonstrate personal leadership experience and understand the importance of positive employee engagement. Experience of working in an industrial relations environment would be advantageous, though not essential
* A minimum of 3 years manufacturing experience preferably in a Lean Manufacturing medical device business
* Strong leadership and people supervisory skills with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
* Demonstrated passion for creating an inclusive culture of team development, performance and continuous improvement
Please call Mike Morrissey today for further information on 021-429 7536 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the life sciences, ICT, engineering, food and agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.