2 x Production Team Leads required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. 1 Role covers day shift while the 2nd covers mid-shift. The Production Team Leads will be working in the manufacturing area delivering the right production volume output, to the right quality standards, in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Min 2 years relevant industry experience in a Medical Device / Manufacturing /Cleanroom environment in a Supervisory role. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- To provide effective leadership of Line Leads, Trainers, and Versatile Operators in the manufacture and assembly of Medical Devices.
- Responsible for co-ordination of the work of the Core Team, to ensure collective/collaborative work and drive all Core Team members to ensure quality and technical issues are resolved immediately.
- Responsible for scheduling work for individual work stations and processes in order to meet the manufacturing schedule.
- To provide effective supervision of people which includes headcount planning; recruitment and selection; training and development; timekeeping and attendance; resolution of issues, timely completion of annual performance appraisals and holding the team accountable to performance to targets.
- Demonstrate a strong technical knowledge of processes on the lines and on individual work steps with the ability to troubleshoot and identify solutions to issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to monitor and maintain production KPI's showing actual line performance against target, work station throughput, line availability and schedule adherence.
- To account for variances through accurate reporting of downtime and defect analysis.
- To manage and address idle time within all manufacturing processes/lines.
- To organize production teams effectively in providing appropriate capacity to meet business demands from a commercial and non-commercial standpoint (new process transfers; process development/validations).
- To monitor and co-ordinate training and development to have in place a competent and versatile workforce.
- To ensure effective completion in a timely manner of investigations, reports and corrective actions as part of the NCR/CAPA/CTQ system.
- To demonstrate strong leadership in regards to daily Kaizen and process management.
- To drive continuous improvement projects which will have a positive impact (cost reduction) on operations.
- To take a proactive role in the implementation of Lean manufacturing systems and the application of Six Sigma problem solving methodology.
- To maintain systems accuracy through compliance with GMP procedures and practices.
- To maintain compliance with the Environment, Health & Safety management system.
- Responsible for initiating and completing Non-Conformance reports & investigations.
- Excellent interaction and communication skills across functions.
- Min 2 years relevant industry experience in a medical device / manufacturing /cleanroom environment in a supervisory role.
- Supervisory management and relevant technical qualifications essential.
- Strong commitment to Quality, Safety, GMP & GDP.
- Excellent Communication (both verbal and written) & interpersonal skills.
- Experience with team work and proven ability working with other functional roles.
- Excellent Computer Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Good understanding of problem-solving methodologies is required.
- Flexible, highly motivated individual, positive 'can - do' attitude and a proven track record in team leadership.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)