An Exciting new position has arisen for a Project Engineer for our Sligo based client. If you are interested in providing engineering support on the introduction of new injection moulded or assembled medical components then this is the job for you.
Role of this position
- Coordinate or provide support on projects for the introduction of new products and processes from design concept to final approval based on customer/company requirements within required timeframes.
- Work in close cooperation with other departments to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and fully compliant with internal quality systems.
- Support the introduction of new equipment including generating documentation, overseeing installation, testing and qualification activities.
- Design/sourcing of jigs and fixturing for part measurement or manufacturing processes.
- Support Design for Manufacturing activities and early supplier engagement with customers.
- Sourcing of materials or components, liaising with vendors and recommendation of optimum supplier.
- Work in close cooperation with other departments and provide leadership of cross-functional teams to deliver on set objectives. Position will also be responsible for developing project plans, tracking and communicating on same.
- Provide support to manufacturing in areas of trouble-shooting, training, increased efficiency, cost reduction, EHS.
- Identify and drive opportunities for improvements to systems and processes.
- Quality - support qualification of new products/processes and ensure compliance to quality standards through execution of protocols.
- Safety/Risk Assessments: position will be responsible for ensuring safety compliance of products /processes and supporting both conducting and timely closeout of risk assessments.
- Third level qualification in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline required.
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role experience or a related industry
- Strong skills in some or all of the following areas: Project Management, New product introduction, Product/Process Design & Development, Tooling Engineering and Validation.
- Experience in the Medical Device Manufacturing industry would be a distinct advantage
Please call Louise Mulligan today for further information on 0949003979 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)