|Sector||:||Supply Chain, Logistics & Materials|
Role of this position
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with suppliers through direct price negotiation and propose improvements with the global supplier base including local suppliers, to achieve competitive cost savings where possible
- Liaise with all internal functional departments to forecast plan for procurement based on customer demands, analyze commodity fluctuations and monitor supplier performance
- Sole responsibility for the purchasing and management of finished products and raw for the company. Including orders, schedules & deliveries in line with agreed service levels.
- Manage company internal purchasing system in line with company policy, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date. Ensure upkeep & compliance to corporate policies & requirements.
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities, engage with finance on preparing annual company budgets
- Engage with inventory control and to develop metrics for gauging inventory levels & needs.
- Management of delivery documentation and monitoring contractual agreements.
- Participate in and lead RFP /RFQ processes with suppliers as appropriate
- Participate in COGS reduction projects and preparing business cases to present to management
- Present KPI's on a weekly/monthly basis to Senior Management
- Manage day to day purchasing activities including 3 direct buyer/planner reports.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years experience in a Contract manufacturing or 3rd party supply chain management environment.
- IIPMM or relevant purchasing qualification is preferred but not essential
- Experienced negotiator and must have strong business and commercial acumen
- Demonstrated experience in managing & developing supplier relationships including contract negotiation, establishing and developing supplier relationships & management strategies.
- Management of annualized standard cost settings, pricing, & cost out programs
- High understanding of GMP, Compliance, Validation Practices including the system development life cycle and Regulatory expectations.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems (FDA/ISO) within a regulated environment.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings/specifications/Familiarity contract terms and conditions, statements of work.
- Competent user of MS Office tools [ Access, Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint].
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong leadership, decision-making & problem solving skills.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences, ICT, Engineering, Food and Agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.