An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Quality Engineer with a top medical device company in Tipperary. The Quality Engineer will join the quality engineering team within the Quality Assurance function and this position will involve providing process & quality engineering support to manufacturing, helping to ensure delivery of the highest quality product to customer.
- Identify the manufacturing process defects (scrap, non-conforming material and customer complaints) by dispositioning non-conforming material, identifying primary root causes and suggesting corrective and preventative actions. May be responsible for querying and bounding data to support implementation of basic product stops.
- Develops product quality plans, documents and systems by creating product specifications, quality specifications and quality plans in conjunction with other product development team members.
- Develops process monitoring systems by identifying critical process steps applying methods to reduce process variation in order to reduce/eliminate the cause of defects.
- Leads process improvement efforts by identifying methods to capture quality metric data and by performing appropriate analysis methods to enhance sustaining product design and new product development.
- Assists in creation of quality tools and training materials by understanding the limitations of existing quality tools and training materials and by helping to identify more effective tools and materials.
- Participates in validation activity Role may very between providing input to owning activities such as protocol/report writing and managing execution of validation actives.
- Participates in corrective and preventative action activity.
- Level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline (preferably in an Engineering or Science discipline).
- 2+ years of related work experience.
- Strong understanding of business unit function and cross group dependencies knowledge and application of concepts, practices and procedures desirable.
Please contact Michelle Galvin on (091 373 938) firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)