A Retail Buyer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our major Cork based food client.
The successful candidate will manage the strategic planning, negotiation and implementation of the purchasing plan for a developing range of products.
Role of this position
- Finding new suppliers, products and alternative supply chain arrangements
- Concluding contracts, order creation, price and product file maintenance
- Categorisation of suppliers, rationalisation of suppliers, establishing the competitor base for existing suppliers and dispute resolution with suppliers
- Complete price comparisons, competitor tracking, market trend analysis, price setting
- Work with the Retail Head of Buying to ensure the Purchasing Customer base receives and provides value added information accurately and on a timely basis
- Liaise with Finance, Marketing and the Supplier Base to ensure margin enhancement through free goods, LTA's, promotional support etc.
- Monitor and implement Procedures, Policy and Controls throughout the order to sale process for assigned categories
- Ensure all risks and costs regarding damaged stock, slow moving stock and seasonal stock are minimised for categories assigned
- Assist in the budgeting and planning process for categories assigned
- Managing plans for stock levels, reacting to change in demand and logistics
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products; (receiving and analysing the proposals and tenders of suppliers for value
- 3rd level qualification in a relevant discipline
- 2+ years relevant experience.
- Previous use of Core Agri or another MIS system is advantageous
Please call Mike Donovan today for further information on 087-1164019 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)