A Senior Automation Engineer for Brazing/Welding (Permanent) is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our client based in Galway. The Senior Brazing/Welding Automation Engineer will be responsible for developing, designing, deploying, and supporting Automated systems with a focus on Automation Safety, process control and built-in quality and cost-effective system solutions to drive productivity across our global manufacturing footprint. In addition, the Senior Brazing/Welding Automation Engineer will be responsible for collaborating with peers locally and globally to drive and enforce automation standards. Part of a Global DEVELOPMENT AUTOMATION TEAM** Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Lead and standardize the Automation of Brazing processes and systems, including Machinery and process equipment.
- Pioneer new technologies in tube joining and developing a qualification plan to introduce into production.
- Drive development and deployment of scalable automated systems into global manufacturing plants to meet product and process requirements.
- Work closely with the global Advanced Manufacturing Technology team and support all regions in the deployment phase.
- Identify and implement Automated Brazing systems to improve the automation rate and productivity across all Global Plants by working collaboratively with local plant manufacturing engineering teams.
- Evaluate the current process, equipment and skills and implement automated systems to improve safety, quality and productivity.
- Execute tactical experiments to validate technology and solutions before deploying on the factory floor, from scanning of technologies to deployment.
- Provide technical direction in the installation and commissioning of new equipment and processes.
- Document and maintain system solutions for internal stakeholders and system integrators to easily follow and replicate.
- Serve as a liaison between manufacturing, product engineering and automation engineering and all relevant stakeholders.
- Focus on cost-savings ideas and projects through efficient engineering practices.
- Develop training material and train manufacturing employees as necessary on the use and maintenance of new equipment and processes.
- Monitor deployed systems, participate in problem-solving teams as required and update system solutions and standards to ensure optimal performance.
- Coach, mentor, and develop talent.
- Engineering Degree in Controls, Automation, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, or similar engineering discipline; Master's Degree is preferred.
- Over 10 years of Automation and Brazing/Welding experience
- Experience with Factory Automation, Industrial Robots and Welding Processes
- Deep knowledge of automation applications with successful development and deployment experience
- Project Management experience, successfully managing time, resources and stakeholders to ensure work is completed efficiently.
- Ensure effective and efficient completion of projects by planning and implementing courses of action with other functions and key stakeholders.
- Willing to travel within Europe and globally, as required.
- Ability to work in a diverse, global organization.
- Good communication skills and the demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with internal organization and external vendors.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and guidelines
N.B. It is essential that you hold a valid working visa for Ireland
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)