Senior Buyer Planner (SAP Business One)
|Title||:||Senior Buyer Planner (SAP Business One)|
|Sector||:||Supply Chain, Logistics & Materials
Manufacturing & Production
Role of this position
- Work closely with R&D, Manufacturing and others in support of all procurement requirements.
- Scheduling, purchasing and expediting of Direct and Indirect materials in support of all departments.
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve the best overall value.
- Responsible for supply of assigned commodities, parts, office supplies and indirect materials as required by all departments.
- Identify production outputs necessary to meet the Master Schedule over a determined time horizon.
- Understand the fundamentals and principles of MRP.
- Responsible for maintenance of MPS (Master Production Schedule).
- Communicate timely and accurate material or production issues that affect ability to meet the Master Schedule or that affect current scheduled production activities.
- Issue production orders.
- Create and publish production schedules governing the execution of planned manufacturing activities.
- Track and resolve all past due production orders on a daily/weekly basis.
- Manage supply chain to balance demand v/s supply and to meet company objectives with respect to customer satisfaction, revenue attainment, margin target, and inventory level.
- Closely work with operations to manage lead-time, capacity, and optimize supply position throughout the entire supply chain both at finished goods and key component level.
- Monitor inventory levels to determine required demand and adequate stock levels.
- Request quotes, samples and production first articles for evaluation of new product designs and potential suppliers.
- Manage suppliers with price discrepancies, damaged or returned material, logistics and other supplier issues.
- Communicate and work with the Accounting Department on any payable issues.
- Maintain key policies and procedures.
- Reconcile material receipts and invoicing discrepancies.
- Manage assigned material inventories using established inventory control systems and tools including Kanbans, visual stocking systems, and MRP.
- B.A. Degree or equivalent and a minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a start-up, NPI or manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Excel and Word.
- SAP Business One experience is a requirement.
- Candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and perform as a team player.
- Experience with MRP is required.
- Ability to effectively work with personnel on all levels.
- Well-developed multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to consistently changing priorities.
- Experience in a Medical Device manufacturing environment a plus.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences, ICT, Engineering, Food and Agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.