A Senior IT Analyst is required by CareerWise Recruitment for a Limerick based Medical Device company (initial 6 month contract). The IT Analyst will be involved with evaluating, designing, enhancing and implementing technical solutions to business problems and opportunities.
Role of this position
- Partners with IT management and client community to identify and analyse business needs and provide recommendations for technology solutions.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives across diverse platforms, databases, software, hardware, technologies and tools.
- Works with users to identify opportunities to maximize performance and minimize costs.
- Manages all aspects of technology and application development projects of varying sizes in support of assigned clients.
- Identifies project risks and issues, assesses and manages them.
- Interfaces with suppliers and vendors to evaluate software, hardware, or services and make recommendations.
- Reviews and analyzes existing applications effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provides coaching and guidance to peers, junior team members, co-ops and/or external consultants.
- Ensures all customers are appropriately trained in the use of the systems supported.
- Develops training documents and materials when appropriate.
- Third-level Degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- 6+ years' experience designing and developing software for a manufacturing or similar environment.
- 3+ years' experience developing in C#, VB.Net or ASP.Net
- Min 3 years of experience with RDBMS such as Oracle / SQL Server.
- Proficient in database design.
- Strong problem solving analytical skills, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Extremely good communication written and verbal. Needs to communicate technical information effectively to a non-technical audience, understand and articulate the feedback.
- Proficient in use of tools to support Software Development Lifecycle, Flowcharts, Use Case Diagrams, etc.
Please contact Michelle Galvin today for further information on 091 373938 / email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)