A Senior Java Engineer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our client who are based in Galway.This team is responsible for the Telematics in the EMEA region. The successful candidate will work within a team using the latest tools and techniques to develop new customer orientated solutions using microservice architecture, stateless, Restful, API-driven models. This is an excellent career opportunity for anyone looking to expand their exposure and gain exceptional experience with evolving technologies.
## The ideal candidate will have a passion and flair for development, an innovative thinker who thrives on the challenges of learning new technologies and enjoys working as part of a highly skilled and project orientated team.
Primarily Remote with occasional office visit!! Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- 5+ yrs experience with Java/JEE application development
- Proven experience developing high quality, secure, scalable, and maintainable applications.
- Experience in the development of scalable enterprise applications and REST microservices, using microservice architecture principles
- Understanding of Windows, UNIX/Linux operating systems and programming environments
- Strong coding skills with proven ability, knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies.
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough knowledge of best practices and new technologies.
- Mentoring of junior developers
- Experience of Agile Systems development techniques as source control, using Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD), Git tooling
- Experience of Spring (MVC/Boot/Security/Cloud
- Experience in creating and using RESTful APIs.
- Ability to debug server-side API calls, and contribute to the design of best-practice RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of Cloud Native Development such as AWS
- Knowledge of Windows Server and bash scripting
- Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting
- Experience with Java performance testing and benchmarking
- Experience in Database Design and proficiency in SQL language
- AGILE SCRUM work environment
- Designing and developing features in a highly scalable environment
- Working with cross-functional teams to design solutions - recommending, evaluating and implementing the best solutions
- Building for high volume platforms: linking millions of users worldwide at the same time
- Help to define and drive strict development methodologies including code reuse, maintainability, testing and documentation.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and autonomy are essential
High level Breakdown of Responsibilities
- Design - working with Product Management and Project Management on new product design architecture.
- Development - taking designs and making them happen. Development and testing using strict development methodologies including code reuse, maintainability, testing and documentation.
- Building high volume platforms - linking millions of users worldwide at the same time.
- Quality Assurance - developing test cases in line with best practice methodology.
- Project Environment - Working in a cross-functional agile team to develop features with collaboration across software stacks.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)